Friday 8 August 2008

Peppers in flower

All six of the peper plants are now in flower. Dainty white flowers on short stalks. I imagine they will develop into fruits from these flowers in the same way that tomatoes do. However I have found that some of the stalks have fallen off though. Maybe I have under or over watered them or perhaps this is just a weak point. Going by how slow the tomatoes have grown it will be months before there might be any kind of pepper on theses plants.

We visited my parents at the weekend and came back with two new plants. Hebe cuttings and something else in a pot (cant remember the name). Bringing back cuttings has become a bit of a tradition now and is one of the pleasures of gardening. Sharing plants for free.

1 comment:

yamahito said...

Nice one - what do they look like from further back? It would be nice to see the whole plant in context

I have this idea for my gf's garden of trying to plant veg together with decorative plants and herbs; I'm thinking about peas climbing the fence on one side - they've got nice lookin' flowers, right?

T