Monday 27 April 2009

Dwarf Beans

The Dwarf Beans are all about 3 inches high now and producing the first set of real leaves. They will need to be transferred to larger pots now. I'm not sure what size these beans will grow to (being dwarf I imagine quiet small) as it does not say on the packet. Just to be on the safe side when these beans are ready for their final big pot I will add a cane next to each. I don't want the same problem I had with the tomatoes last year, were I didn't add a cane until they had already grown tall. I could not get the cane close enough to the plant because it would have damaged the roots.

My tray of various vegetable seeds has produced a very poor crop. 5 seeds were planted of 8 different veggies. Of the possible 40 I have only got 2 tomatoes, 3 beetroot and 3 leeks. I suspect I over watered them to start with and although they were in the greenhouse I should have put a propagator lid over the tray to create more humidity. I have replanted new seeds this weekend, I hope its not too late in the season.

No comments: