Friday 10 July 2009

Cabbage attack


The latest addition to the garden is a tub of one cabbage, 2 broccoli and 2 leeks. These few veggies are all I could manage to grow this year. Not too bad for a first attempt. I have added marigolds between each plant to stop greenfly attacking. However, this morning I found a neatly deposited bunch of cabbage white eggs on a cabbage left. I scrapped them off with my finger and saved the cabbage from caterpillar destruction but it shows how carefully I need to watch over my plants.

All these new plants are a long way off maturity (and eating) as are the tomatoes. Just as well the potatoes and peppers are doing so well, otherwise I would be starving!

1 comment:

hello gorgeous said...

hey gorgeous, how's the garden coped with all this rain we've had - hope it hasn't floated away!! :O

love hugs and snogs - Sue xxx