Monday 15 June 2009

Insect mystery


I noticed a strange mass of web attached to the underside of a leaf on my Sedum plant. Its about 2 inch's long and must contain some kind of insect or insects. I shall keep a close watch over it to see if I can spot what is growing inside.

The potato plants are getting really big and bushy. I've been thinking that maybe I should be harvesting these 'earlies'. So I excavated a bit of soil from around one of the plants to see if any potatoes had grown. It took a while but eventually I did find a very small potato. I left it where it was to grow some more and will leave it for a couple more weeks. Ive started to water the plants twice a day now as I have noticed the big pots always seem to be dry.

2 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

LUSH garden lovely :D am amazed at how much veg you are growing too you'll soon be self-suffient, keep it up hon xxxx

hello gorgeous said...

hey lovely, want to follow your blog but where's your "follow this blog" bit????